The Next Generation Entrepreneur
The Next Generation Entrepreneur
There is a study that was done in the United States of America that shows successful entrepreneurs and creative people have certain characteristics that other people don’t have. In addition to this, the study shows that some people have the potential to be creative at an early age and that everyone can acquire those excellent characteristics through practice. Entrepreneurship is considered as one of the important factors that young people should learn and explore especially if they want to be a successful person in the future.
At their early age, young people can join Toastmasters international, become President of College organizations or High School organizations, be a leader in their school, family, relationships and communities. Young people have the ability to build the muscle of solving problems. They should practice interacting with all kinds of personalities and skill levels. Apart from this, young people should get out of their comfort zone, make mistakes, and have fun.
Characteristics of Young Entrepreneurs
- Originality- As you will notice, originality attracts attention. Once you do something that no one else has done, people will begin to be curious to know where and how you went to end up with this original idea. Young entrepreneurs should think of an idea, redesign it and make something new out of it.
- Production- It is highly recommended to search for excellent ways to do tasks. You should focus on what you do and rest assured that you will find new possibilities as well as new ways of doing things.
- Change and Growth- Young entrepreneurs search for change constantly, so you should learn not to restrict yourself using the same old way of doing things. Once you keep what you are doing, then you will obtain the same results. In life, you have to learn to change for the better, so you can prosper and grow.
- Flexibility- It is very imperative to learn to be flexible and always learn the current inventions. Most people are challenged daily to be flexible in life, relationships and work. If you have to learn something that could benefit you and your business, then do so. Always bear in mind that you always have to be flexible in attaining your goal.
- Independent Thinking- Young entrepreneurs should learn how to become an analyst and observer. All you need to do is to gather all the details and information then analyze and come up with your own analysis. You should also bear in mind that you always think for yourself.
- Sensitivity- Observe the world around you. Observe the people, flowers and nature. Your sensitivity to the world and to your environment will raise your creativity.
- Innovation- As a young entrepreneur, you must have the courage to try new things. If you want to build something out of the ordinary, then do so. Having courage and innovation are essential for creativity. Some people criticize innovations and new ideas, but at the end, these new ideas will flourish.
- Ask questions- Make it a habit to always ask questions and at the same time ask people to explain what they mean as well as the things you don’t understand
MORE STORIES HERE
What is it like working with entrepreneurial minded people? Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of traveling to Fairhope, Alabama to do an in-depth interview with the Executive Director of Business Finishing School, Ashleigh Mooney, and her lovely family. ...read more
For most of us, success and happiness will not come knocking at our front door. In fact if we aren’t careful, and if we don’t put certain actions in place, the opposite could very well happen to us. I believe that there are five foundational must do’s to set you on...read more
Working on the Billion Entrepreneurs project has made me take a step back and think about my past and the bondage of anxiety I was suffering in for so long. (I talk more about my anxiety in the film, A Billion Entrepreneurs, and how I was able to push past it.) As...read more
Want new articles before they get published? Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.